Water Bottle Desk Caddy
1 recycled water bottle
hot glue gun
two green chenille stems
two orange chenille stems
two yellow buttons
1 clothespin (optional)
With this recycled craft project you can organize your workspace and add a little whimsy to any desk.
1. Carefully cut the top off of a water bottle, leaving a base that measures about 4 inches tall.
2. Twist the ends of two green chenille stems together to create one long stem.
3. Twist the stem around the water bottle in a spiral. Use a clothespin to hold in place while you position the stem.
4. Use a dab of hot glue in one or two spots to secure the chenille stem in place.
5. Where the stem reaches the top edge of the pencil cup, leave about 3 – 31/4” remaining above the rim. (The taller you make your flower, the more it will “wiggle” when you add or remove pencils from the holder.)
6. Form each orange stem into two teardrop shaped petals. Twist petals together to create the flower.
7. Hot glue the flower to the stem.
8. Glue a button to the center of the flower on both the front and back.
By Shellie Wilson. Shellie is the chief creative editor for Craftbits.