· Have your child paint a walnut red.
* When the paint is dry, use a very fine brush to paint tiny black dots all over the walnut.
· Cut a 1 1/2-inch square of green felt.
· Then cut a 4-pointed star from the felt. Poke a small hole in the center of the star. Glue the ends of the cord or ribbon onto one end of the walnut shell to make a hanging loop.
· Slip the felt star over the loop and glue it onto the walnut. Voila - a strawberry!
· Omit the cord or ribbon and glue a small magnet onto one side of the walnut.
* Use small white/light colored seed beads for the strawberry seeds instead of black paint.
This project was submitted by