Tin Can Lid Snowman
1 juice lid
l chenille stem
6" square red felt
6" X 1 1/2" strip plaid fabric
3/4" X 6" fun fur
sprig of greenery
Paint: white, red, black
Hot glue gun and glue stick
fine line black marker
pink marker or crayon
1. Paint the juice lid white (or for very young children cut out a circle of white card stock and glue to the juice lid)
2. Place one side of the red felt square centered over the forehead area of the juice lid, and glue in place.
Turn over and bring the sides together, and glue to the back of the juice lid. Repeat the same procedure
with the fun fur. Then, glue the scarf around, but starting from the back this time, and bring the two ends
to the front, tie a loose knot, and glue to secure, gluing the scarf snugly in place all around the front area
of the cheeks.
3. Cut a 2 inch piece of the chenille stem, gather the top of the hat together, and twist the chenille stem
around to secure the top of the hat. Bring the top of the hat down, and glue it to one side of the
4. To form a hanger, pass the remaining chenille stem through the loop in the hat which was formed when
gluing the top to the side of the hatband, and form a loop, or twist it into a swirl.
5. Dot on eyes with black paint, dot on a nose with red paint. When dry, use a fine black liner to add
eyelashes, eyebrows, and mouth. Use a pink marker or crayon to circle on the cheeks.
By Shellie Wilson. Shellie is the chief creative editor for Craftbits.