Thanksgiving Thankful Pumpkin
2 Sheets of Cardstock
Small Hole Punch
Green Construction Paper
Brown Pipe Cleaner
1. Cut cardstock paper into strips -- 1.5" x 8.5" (need 10 strips for pumpkin)
2. Write "I am thankful for (insert your ideas)" on 5 strips of cardstock.
3. Decorate and write "Happy Thanksgiving" on the other 5 strips.
4. Make a small hole in the center of both ends of each strip. (Use small
hole puncher or another tool to make the small holes.)
5. Alternate the "I am thankful" and "Happy Thanksgiving" strips of cardstock
and put them into a stack.
6. Feed the prongs of a brad thru the holes on one end of the stack with the
metal circle of the brad resting on the side with the writing. Secure Brad.
7. Fan out the slips with the writing side facing the table.
8. Pull up one strip and feed the prongs of the 2nd brad thru the hole
with the metal circle resting on the blank side of the strips.
Continue putting strips on brad going in a circular pattern.
9. When all of the strips are on the brad and you have formed a ball, secure
the brad by pushing the prongs down in opposite directions.
10. Cut 2 leaf shapes from the green construction paper. Make a small hole
at bottom of each leaf.
11. Wrap the brown pipe cleaner around a pencil to make a spiral shape.
Gently slide the pipe cleaner off to keep spiral shape.
12. Lift up prongs of brad, hold brad in place from below, and slide on
13. Place brown pipe cleaner next to prongs, push prongs down on top of
pipe cleaner to securely attach the leaves and "stem".
This project was submitted by playfulcrafts (Nancy Gastrock). Thanks Nancy Gastrock!Visit http://www.playfulcrafts.com