Recycled Sweater - Bottle Cozy
Old Sweater, Felt, Sewing Machine, Embroidery Thread, Needle
This sewing pattern shows you how to upcycle or recycle an old sweater into a adorable water bottle cozy.
1. Cut a 7” piece from one of the sleeves on your sweater. This will fir most plastic water bottles, however depending on the size of your bottle, you might have to adjust that measurement.This is going to be the cozy for your water bottle, so be sure to have a sweater with large enough arms. (A child’s sweater might not work.)
2. Trace the bottom of your water bottle onto felt, Giving it a 1/4” seam allowance.
3. Flip your sleeve inside out, and pin the felt circle onto the bottom of your sleeve. (on the side that you cut it away from your sweater.) Pin the circle so that the round sleeve goes around the entire circle.
4. Sew them together, going around the circle. You can do this by hand or on the sewing machine.
5. Flip right side out.
6. Cut out a cute shape for an embellishment, I chose a heart.
7. Using a needle and embroidery thread, sew your felt shape to the front of your water bottle cozy. You can embroider the shape, outlining it, or you can stitch them together using a simple X.
8. Tie off your thread, and slide in your water bottle!
By Shellie Wilson. Shellie is the chief creative editor for Craftbits.