Recycled Inner Tube - Earrings
Old Bicycle Inner Tube
This Recycled Craft project shows you how to recycle or Upcycle a used inner bike tube into a fun pair of earrings.
1. Cut your inner tube so that it is no longer in a circle. Also cut it up 1 side so that it is no longer a tube.
2. On the back of your inner tube, draw out 10 small flowers, no bigger than 1".
3. Cut them out.
4. Taking 1 of your flowers, Punch a 1/8th or smaller hole 1 of the petals. Repeat with each of them.
5. Taking a jump ring, open it up and slide 2 flowers onto it. Repeat with 3 more jump rings and 6 more flowers. You should have 4 jump rings that have 2 flowers each on them and 2 extra flowers.
6. Taking 2 of the jump rings with the flowers, attach them together with a new jump ring, adding 1 of the extra flowers to that jump ring.
7. Repeat with the remaining flowers and jump rings. now all you have to do is add the hook.
8. Using another jump ring, attach your earring hook to your earring. Repeat for your other earring.
By Shellie Wilson. Shellie is the chief creative editor for Craftbits.