Size 6 US (8UK) (4mm) Needles .
All wool Double Worsted (8ply)
Small amount of fluffy white baby wool,
Small amount of light grey
Small amount of medium grey.
Small amount of orange and white felt
Strand of black wool
This knitting pattern shows you how to knit an adorable little Penguin chick. He is approx 6 inch in size.
Begin at the bottom with two strands of yarn -fluffy white and light grey.
Cast on 13 stitches
1) knit into the back of every stitch
2) knit twice into every stitch (26)
5) knit 2 knit twice into the next stitch) to the end (34)
8) knit 2 knit twice into the next 2 stitches ) to the end (50)
13) ( knit 2 knit 2 together twice )to the end (34)
19) knit 2 knit 2together) to the end (26)
24) change to one strand of medium grey and knit 14 rows
38 ( 2 together ) to the end (13 )
40) ( knit 2 together) to the the last stitch knit 1(7)
Three yarn through the stitches draw up and secure
Wings (make 2 )
Using two strands as for the body cast on 4 stitches
Knit 14 rows
Next 3 rows -
Knit two together knit 2
Knit 2 together knit 1
Knit 2 together thread the yarn through the stitch and secure
Using the directions cut out your feet face and beak out of felt
(Cut 2 beak and 2 feet pieces ) single face piece.
(Stitch the two feet pieces together with a blanket stitch ,and the same with the two beak piece (fill the beak slightly)
Body make up-
Stitch around the cast off edge and draw up, now stitch down the sides, once you have filled your chick stitch around the cast on stitches and draw up and secure.
Stitch your wings in place
Once your face is in place stitch your beak on
Glue your feet to the bottom.
To finish make two eyes with French knots done using black wool.
By Shellie Wilson. Shellie is the chief creative editor for Craftbits.