Oatmeal Fruit Cookie Mix
Approx. 1 Quart / 1.1 Litre Wide mouthed Jar
Recipe ingredients as shown below
Card for making tags
Zip Lock Bags
Recipes in a Jar
These make great gifts for friends and family for every occasion from Christmas to birthdays, to mothers day's and even just a pick me up for someone who is feeling down.
For these recipes you will need a jar that holds around 1 quart or 1.130 litres.
If your jar is airtight add the ingredients directly otherwise place them into
an airtight or ziplock bag and attach the recipe card instructions.
Tie the whole jar up with some cellophane or add some curling ribbons and a bow to finish off this gift
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup white sugar
3/4 cup wheat germ
1 cup quick cooking oats
1/2 cup dried cherries
1/2 cup golden raisins
2/3 cup flaked coconut
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
Mix the flour, baking soda and salt together. Starting with the brown sugar layer
the ingredients in a 1 liter sized glass jar in the order given. Ending with the
Oatmeal Fruit Cookies
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line one baking sheet with
2. Empty the contents of the jar into a large bowl. Using a wooden spoon blend the
mixture until well combined.
3. Using you hands work in 1/2 cup softened butter or margarine until the mixture
resembles coarse crumbs.
4. Beat 1 egg with 1 teaspoon vanilla and 1/4 cup milk. Still using your hands or a
wooden spoon blend the egg mixture into the dough until well combined.
5. Drop teaspoon sized mounds 2 inches apart onto the prepared baking sheet. Bake
at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 10 to 14 minutes or until the edges are
lightly browned. Place cookies on a rack to finish cooling. Makes approximately 2
By Shellie Wilson. Shellie is the chief creative editor for Craftbits.