Lavender Ice Soap
4 oz. translucent melt & pour soap base
Tiny amount of purple coloring
12 - 15 drops Lavender essential oil
Two 2-oz. square plastic molds
This project uses the Melt & Pour Method to of soap making.
1. Slice 2 oz. of the translucent soap and put in a small double boiler-justa glass measuring cup and a small saucepan.
2. Pour into a small mold, spraying away any bubbles with alcohol or witch
3. Freeze for about 15 minutes.
4. Once hardened, cut out some discs with a paring knife [using it like a
compass]. The discs should be about the size of a quarter or a nickel.
Place in mold and return to freezer.
5. The remaining 2 oz. should be cut up and melted. Add the purple
coloring, followed by the lavender essential oil.
6. Pour into the mold with the discs.
7. Refrigerate or freeze until soap is hard.
8. Remove soap from mold.
9. Allow the soap has reached room temperature.
10. Wrap in cling wrap.
This Project was contributed by Lisa Maliga
By Shellie Wilson. Shellie is the chief creative editor for Craftbits.