Hunger Games - Arrow Headband
Felt, Embroidery Thread, Needle, Sewing Machine (optional) Elastic
This Craft project is inspired by the Hunger Games. This DIY Hunger games arrowhead headband is easy to make and lot's of fun to wear.
1. Download the arrow pattern and cut it out of felt. I used tan felt, but you could use and color you like the best.
2. Using a needle and embroidery thread, embroider your arrow. Stitch along the outside of your arrow, outlining it.
3. Measure your head, and cut a piece of elastic that is
3” smaller than your measurement. (elastic stretches!)
4. Laying the felt arrow in the middle of your elastic piece, sew them together by stitching through the middle of your arrow. You can do this by hand, or on the sewing machine.
5. Fold your elastic in half (right sides together) and stitch the 2 ends together. I went over the 2 ends on my sewing machine a couple of times, just to make sure they don’t come undone.
6. Flip right side out.
By Shellie Wilson. Shellie is the chief creative editor for Craftbits.