Size 6US(8UK) (4mm) Needles
50grams of ( cassowary truffles) brown
Small amount of white felt
Small amount of light brown felt
Two black buttons.
This adorable knitting pattern shows you how to make a 6 inch fluffly owl using fashion yarn called Cassowary truffles but you could use any similar yarn.
Begin with the lower body
Cast on 13 stitches
1) knit into the back of every stitch.
2) knit twice into every stitch (26 stitches)
5) (knit 2 knit twice into the next stitch) to the end (34 stitches)
6) knit .
7 ( knit 2knit twice into the next 2 stitches) to the end (50 stitches)
12) ( knit 2 knit 2 together twice ) to the end (34 stitches)
16) (knit 2 knit 2 together) to the end (26 stitches).
17) this begins the head section work 14 rows.
31) (knit 2 knit 2 together) to the end
33) (knit 2 together) to the end.
Thread yarn through the stitches, draw up and fasten off.
Stitch down the back leave a gap at the bottom for stuffing. Once you have filled him , stitch up the bottom. Gather around the neck to distinguish the head
Wings ( make 2)
Cast on 2 stitches
1) knit twice into the first stitch knit 2
3) knit twice into the first stitch knit 3
5)knit twice into the first stitch knit 4
6) knit 8 rows.
14) knit 2 together knit 4
15) knit 2 together knit 3
16) knit 2 together knit 2
17) knit 2 together knit 1
18) knit 2 together - thread yarn through the remaining stitch and secure.
Stitch the wings in place.
Cut out your felt pieces
Cut 4 feet , 2 beaks, 4 ears ,and 1 face piece
Stitch your pieces of feet ,beak and ears together with a blanket stitch (use thread not wool) and fill your beak slightly with wadding. Blanket stitch your face in place then sew on your buttons, ears, beak and feet.
By Shellie Wilson. Shellie is the chief creative editor for Craftbits.