Floral Gem Stone Orbs
Styrofoam Ball - 2 inch, two
Styrofoam Ball - 3 inch, one
Black Spray Paint/Black Paint
Colored Craft Gems, 1 cm, 146 gems total, 24 of them clear/colorless, and at least 2 blue.
This kids craft project shows you how to make a floral gem stone orb. This project is a great groups craft project and is suitable for all ages.
1. Using the palm of your hand, press down on the bottom of each ball to make a flat surface the ball will sit on. Cover balls with thin layer of foam finish, let dry, sand, and repeat. Use any kind of finishing/sealing agent with the balls, like modpod or plaster of paris. But I suggest using Foam Finisher.
2. Once the balls are covered and the right shape, cover them with a glossy black paint and let dry. For easier covering and painting, stick a toothpick in the flat bottom to serve as a handle before adding Foam Finish.
3. Using a clear gem for the center, and five matching colored gems for the petals, cover the large ball with flowers as shown in the picture. Let dry.
4. Glue a blue gem to the top of each small ball. Evenly glue on five flowers to surround the middle of each ball, as shown in photo. Let dry.
5. Use a toothpick and a damp washcloth to gently clean up the balls and remove any glue that dripped. Then place of coffee table, mantle, or in candle holders to display.
By Shellie Wilson. Shellie is the chief creative editor for Craftbits.