Two pieces of fabric, ~3" x 7"
Embroidery thread for tassel
1. Cut out two strip of fabric (and interfacing if you want it a littler stiffer). I cut mine 3" x 7".
2. With right sides together, stitch the bottom and sides with a 1/4" allowance.
3. Clip corners and turn right side out.
4. For the tassel, I used instructions from WikiHow and matching embroidery thread.
5.Fold under the top raw edges of the bookmark about 1/4". Place the tassel in the center in between the fabric and stitch the top of the bookmark closed, securing the tassel.
6. To add the cat image to the bookmark, I ironed a piece of Heat-n-Bond to the back of the fabric and cut out the image.
7. Following the Heat-n-Bond instructions, I ironed the image onto the bookmark.
This project was submitted by Helby (Helby). Thanks Helby!Visit http://helbyshatch.blogspot.com/2010/07/craft-day-week-bookmark.html