Fab Cell Phone Pouch
2 sheets of felt in different colors (I used brown and pink)
2 colors of embroidery floss (I used brown and pink)
craft or fabric glue
1. Trace your cell phone on the sheet of felt you want to use as your main color (I used pink as my main color) leaving 1/4 inch space around your phone (Fig 1). Cut two.
2. Stitch the two pieces of felt together with the accent color of embroidery floss (brown), leaving one of the shorter sides open. Here, stitch on each of the pieces of felt separately (Fig 2).
3. Cut out a strip of the accent felt (brown) long enough to wrap around the pouch.
4. Stitch along the two long sides of the strip of felt you just cut in the opposite color (pink). Sew french knots at regular intervals in the same strip (Fig 3).
5. Glue the strip of felt around the pouch.
6. Cut another strip of the accent fabric (brown) about 1/4 inch by 2 inches to make the strap. Glue the ends together and then to an inside corner of the pouch.
This project was submitted by gismochee (Katie). Thanks Katie!