Crochet Shoulder Bag
This bag measures 8" by 10"
and works up very fast.
1 skein Homespun divided into 2 balls.
Size "N" Hook
Size "J" Hook
1. Using 2 strands of yarn and "N" hook, chain 19 and (sc in next ch, dc in next ch) to end. Ch 1, turn. (18 sts)
2. (Sc in first dc, dc in next sc) across, ch 1 turn.
3. Repeat row 2 until piece measures 16 inches. Finish off.
4. Fold in half and sew side seam with one strand of yarn. Turn inside out.
5. With a single strand of yarn and "J" hook, attach to right-hand side of top, ch 1, sc (loosely) in same place and in next 8 sts (or to the middle), ch 10, skip 7 sts, sl st in next 3 sc and in same place as last st of row (loop made for button). Continue to sc around and join.
6. To make strap, use one strand of yarn and "J" hook. Chain 120. hdc in 3rd ch from hook and each remaining chains. Ch 1, turn then slip stitch in each hdc across. Finish off..
7. Place end of strap 1" over side seams on inside of purse and sew securely in place.
8. Sew on button
9. Line with fabric if you wish.
This Crochet Pattern was contributed by Irene Duquette in her memory please visit our Charity Crafts page and help someone in need.
By Shellie Wilson. Shellie is the chief creative editor for Craftbits.