Christmas Card - Stitched Angel
5 1/2" x 8 1/2" white cardstock
4" x 5 1/4" red patterned cardstock
2 1/2" x 3 1/4" piece of off-white fabric
Glue for the glitter
White embroidery floss
Green embroidery floss
Yellow or orange embroidery floss
1. Take your 5 1/2" x 8 1/2" white cardstock and fold it in half. It should measure 4 1/4" x 5 1/2". This is will be the base of your card. You want your card to stand vertically.
2. Draw an angel on your fabric with a pencil. Back stitch the head and wings in white embroidery floss. The dress of the angel is green and the star is yellow or orange. For her halo you will use glitter. Place two black dots for her eyes. ( see picture)
3. Adhere the red piece of cardstock onto the base of your card.
4. Ink around the edges of the card with green ink. You can ink around the edges of the card by lightly brushing the edges of the card on your ink pad.
5. Adhere the fabric onto the red cardstock. Make sure you center the angel.
6. Place a few dots of glue around the red cardstock and put glitter on it. Set aside to dry.
By Shellie Wilson. Shellie is the chief creative editor for Craftbits.