Christmas Card - Design Embellishment
Foam dimensional adhesive
Large patterns can be used on cards quite effectively when the designs are cut out and used as embellishments or accents on a card. The trick is time and patience. It can be quite labor intensive so not the best technique if you have LOTS of cards to make, but they do make great one of a kind cards
1. Cut card base to 10" x 5" score and fold in half
2. Apply adhesive to the card base front and apply patterned paper. Let it dry and trim away the excess.
3. Trim red paper to 1"x5.5" mount onto white cardstock and trim leaving 1/4" border. Adhere to card base front, at horizontal center.
4. Carefully trim out circle design from patterned paper using small detail scissors
5. Apply brad to center of snowflake panel.
6. Adhere to card with dimensional adhesive
7. Apply rub-on sentiment to card
8. For a finishing touch add rhinestones to the card accenting the focal panel.
When cutting designs from patterned paper it?s easier to turn the paper than the scissors.
By Shellie Wilson. Shellie is the chief creative editor for Craftbits.