Card Making -Flower Thanks
8 1/2" x 11" White Cardstock
8 1/2" x 11" Purple Cardstock
8 1/2" x 11" Pink Cardstock
White Embroidery Floss
Pink Ink Pad
Purple Ink Pad
Green Ink Pad
This free paper craft project shows you how to make your very own hand-made Thank You card using simple Card making instructions.
1. Take your 8 1/2" x 11" white cardstock and cut it in half. You will have two 5 1/2" x 8 1/2" pieces of paper. One will be the base of your card. Save the other half for scraps.
2. With the base of your card fold it in half. Take your pink ink pad and "ink" around the front of the card by brushing the edges of the card along the ink pad.
3. Take your pink cardstock and cut out three large flowers (2 1/2"). Take your pink ink pad and "ink" around the edges of the flower. Set aside.
4. Take your purple cardstock and cut out three small flowers (1 3/4"). Take your pink ink pad and "ink" around the edges of the flower. Set aside.
5. Place the purple flower on top of the pink flower and with your embroidery floss make a cross stitch (or an X) sewing them together. Pinch the petals of the flowers together to give them a 3-D effect.
6. Take your purple cardstock and cut out a rectangle (1 3/4" x 1"). Set aside. Take your scrap white cardstock and cut out a rectangle (3/4" x 1 1/2"). With your purple ink, stamp "thanks" on the white rectangle.
7. Take your leaf stamp and stamp two leaves on a scrap piece of white cardstock. Cut them out. Set aside.
8. Glue the "thanks" rectangle to the purple rectangle. Make sure you center the "thanks" rectangle in the middle of the purple rectangle. Set aside.
9. Glue the three flowers on the front of the card.
10. Glue the "thanks" on the card. Glue the leaves next to "thanks."
Now your hand made paper thank you card is complete.
By Shellie Wilson. Shellie is the chief creative editor for Craftbits.