Camera Strap - Pretty Ruffles
1/2" yard of fabric for the main fabric, fabric scraps or fat quarters for the ruffles, batting, Sewing Machine
This sewing pattern shows you how to sew a ruffled camera strap.
1. Measure the length and width of your camera strap, Mine is 23” x 2”. Add 1” to both of those measurements.
2. Cut 2 pieces of fabric and 1 piece of batting from the measurements above. Mine are 24”x3”.
3. Cut 6 5”x1&1/2” fabric strips for the ruffles.
4. Hem the 2 side edges of your fabric ruffles.
5. Setting your sewing machine on the longest stitch length, Sew a straight line down the middle of 1 of your ruffle pieces. Leave a long tail of thread and don’t backstitch.
6. Holding only the back thread of the stitch you just created, Pull it, and cinch your fabric to create a ruffle.
7. Pin it across one of your long fabric pieces, and sew it down stitching through middle of your ruffle.
8. Repeat steps 5 & 6 with the rest of your ruffles. Pin and sew 2 more of them to the same side of the fabric strip as the ruffle you stitched down. Sew the other 3 ruffles to the opposite end of the same fabric strip.
9. Taking your other fabric strip (the one without ruffles) and your piece of batting, Layer them, and quilt them. To quilt them, you can just sew straight lines along the 2 pieces.
10. Hem the 2 short edges on both fabric strips. (the one with the ruffles, and the one with the batting.)
11. Lay your 2 pieces right sides together, and stitch down the 2 long sides, sewing them together.
12. Flip right side out.
13. Slide onto your camera strap!
By Shellie Wilson. Shellie is the chief creative editor for Craftbits.